Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sisters are friends for life

I used to think that my sister and I were two very different people. She was more introverted whereas I tended to be louder and more extroverted. It wasn't until recently I started to see how similar we in fact were. The gestures or mannerisms we use are similar and sometimes we know exactly what the other person is going to say in a specfic situation. I was almost six years old when my sister was born and because of the age difference, we were almost never in the same maturity category. She was more interested in playing with her toy horses as I was becoming boy crazy. I was applying to colleges while she was just starting seventh grade. Our life paths had not truly crossed until this year when I had moved back home. We are both older of course but we are also much more mature and rational in our decision making and emotions. Now, I consider my sister to be my best friend and confidente. I know that she is my closest pal. I love to hang out with her and to go to different events together. It is exciting to know that I will always have her in my life. I think that the bonds of family are stronger than any bond in the world.

My sister Erica and I at a Maroon 5 concert

Vocabulary
introverted (adjective)- shy, quiet
whereas (noun)- in comparison to
extroverted (adjective)- loud
gestures (verb)- using your hands to indicate an object or excentuate a point
rational (noun)- to think in a way that is calm and logical
confidente (noun)- a close friend

Vocabulary Exercise
Use two words in a sentences about a close friend.

Grammar Point
In this post I combined the past, present and future tense to tell a story.

Grammar Exercise
Write a story about a close family member or friend. Describe how your relationship was in the past, how it is now in the present, and how you think or hope it will be in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment